Based on epoxy resins and performance enhancing fillers in combination with high density treated glass fibre reinforcement, Belzona SuperWrap offers a long-term alternative to replacing defective steelwork. This cold cure solution has been developed as a compliant pipe wrap or patch repair to return strength to weakened or holed metallic surfaces and provides excellent corrosion protection and chemical resistance.
Belzona SuperWrap has been extensively tested at pressures in excess of 250 bar (3,625 Psi) and can be used in a large variety of environments, on almost any pipework geometry and over a wide range of temperatures.
The Belzona SuperWrap material has been prequalified to the international composite repair standards ASME PCC-2 Article 4.1 and ISO/TS 24817 and complies with US DOT regulations for "an engineered solution". It can be used where engineered calculations and documentation including quality control records are required.
- Compliant to international standards ASME PCC-2 Article 4.1 and ISO/TS 24817
- Each application is specially designed by Belzona Engineers
- Design life up to 20 years
- Excellent bonding to metals including stainless steel and carbon steel
- Withstands pressures exceeding 250 bar (3,625 Psi)
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Applied in minutes, returned to service in hours
- Applied by trained and validated personnel
- Application and cure at room temperature no hot work involved
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
Applications for Belzona SuperWrap include:
- Pipe wrap system to repair damaged pipework
- Compliant patch repairs for tanks, vessels and pipelines
- Long term, through wall and thin wall defect repairs for complex geometries including bends, tees, reducers and flanges
- Restoring strength to damaged pipework
- Reinstating integrity to heavily pitted or corroded surfaces
- Internal or external corrosion protection
This engineered system is an in-situ, cold cure alternative to traditional cut and weld hot work and allows critical lines to stay in service.
|Key technical data:
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)
|Time to mechanical cure at 25°C (77°F)
|Surface profile required
||75 microns (Sa 2.5) on grit blasted surfaces
||ASME PCC-2 Article 4.1 and ISO/TS 24817
|Maximum design temperature
||80°C (176°F) through wall defects, 85°C (185°F) thin wall defects
||Carbon steel, stainless steel
||Pipe and tank repairs, patch repairs
||Belzona 1871 (SuperWrap) Metal 5kg
Belzona 1971 (SuperWrap) Conditioner – 1.5kg
Belzona 9371 (SuperWrap) Reinforcement sheet 64m x 8cm, 64m x 25cm, 10m x 1.27m
For More Information regarding Belzona Products,
please login by clicking here.